I tried to call him... he didn't have his phone with him. I tried my sister-in-law, Bethany... she was at work too.
Well, he doesn't work too far (a little over a mile) from where we live... so....
I decided to walk.
It was a beautiful morning yesterday... birds chirping, cool air, flowers blooming on the side of the road, and butterflies following me everywhere I went. ((Ok... there weren't really butterflies, but you get the idea.)) I turned on my Ipod and decided I was going to enjoy the walk.
Well.... I got about halfway there and my leather sandal decided to break. Hmmm... I wasn't quite sure what to think. This is the moment I realized I should have probably worn normal shoes and not sandals... but a little late now. I had already walked too far to turn around so I shrugged my shoulders, kicked off the other shoe, scooped them both up, and kept on walking.
Yepp.... I am now walking down the side of the road- 6 months pregnant, barefoot, and giggling the whole time b/c I can't imagine what all the cars passing by were thinking, haha. I just turned my little Ipod up and decided to enjoy the feeling of the grass between my toes. :)
I made it to Target and then realized I had to go in... barefoot.
Long story short- I went in, the entire Target staff was meeting in Starbucks so they all had the pleasure of seeing my exhausted, barefoot, pregnant self... I had to walk through the entire store barefoot to get to the shoe section, pick out a pair of super cute shoes, and left in Nate's truck- Starbucks smoothie in hand- laughing to myself pretty much the whole way.
It was a pretty great morning... I mean, besides the whole completely embarrassing parts of it, haha.
So there you go Internet... I figured if strangers on the side of the road got to laugh at seeing a crazy, barefoot, pregnant girl singing and laughing her way down Spout Springs Road... you should get to share in the humor too. :)
The best part?
Did you catch the part about my super cute shoes?? I guess I really will do anything for new shoes, haha.




3 comments:
I can't believe you are already 6 months pregnant!! that flew!!!! great story hun :)
That is one great story!! I love the belly pics! You are adorable!
You are the cutest pregnant gal ever. I love you!
Michelle Humbert
Post a Comment